National Cycle Collection in Llandrindod Wells

National Cycle Collection

The museum in the Automobile Palace building was officially opened on 21st March 1997 by Mr. Tom Norton. It housed the private cycle collections of Mr. Norton and Mr. David Higman, curator from 1997-2010.

The Norton collection was returned to the family on request in 2014 In 1998, cycles from the National Cycle Museum, Lincoln joined the display after that museum closed. The museum at Llandrindod Wells then took over the charitable status of the National Cycle Museum Trust that had run the museum at Lincoln.

The Automobile Palace, a very ornate grade 2 listed Art Deco building was built for Mr. Tom Norton senior in 2 stages, the first part in 1911. It was originally known as The Palace of Sport. Children are offered a free chance to draw a bicycle - paper and pencil supplied. The Ordinary (Penny Farthing) cycles are a favorite.

For more information, visit the website